The Arts at First Presbyterian Concert Series began in 2001 as an opportunity for church members to invite their friends and neighbors to quality artistic events. Over the years the series has featured professional choirs such as the Lyric Consort and Robert Dale Chorale, Simple Gifts folk duo, violinist Sophie Till, pianist Ron Stabinsky, Mock Turtle Marionette Theater, Presbybop Jazz Quartet, organist Mark Laubach, and many others.
All concerts are held at First Presbyterian Church, 300 School Street, Clarks Summit. Concerts are open to the public and are free of charge, but a free-will offering is taken to help defray the costs of the event.
2016-2017 Arts at First Presbyterian concert series
February 17-19, 2017 - The 2016-2017 Arts at First Presbyterian concert series continues with our Clarks Summit Ice Festival events, including a Broadway Revue on Friday night, the ever-popular Chili Cafe on Saturday, and the Art Show and Photo Contest all weekend
- All Weekend - Art Show - An exhibit of artwork from local artists and FPC congregation members, with a juried photography show on Friday night.
- Saturday - 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM - Our Chili Café will provide a place to warm up, grab a bite to eat, converse, and listen to students from the Abington Piano Academy and others as they entertain, and aspiring young artists from Barry’s Art Room will display their talents.
- Saturday - 2:00 PM - Broadway Revue, performed by students of the Erin Malloy Vocal Studio.
- Sunday - 4:00 PM - Ice Lights Cabaret, featuring The Broadway Jazz Orchestra & Vocal Ensemble.
The 2016-17 Arts Series calendar:
- Sunday, October 16, 2016 4:00 pm -- Jennifer Cowgill, Sophie Till
- Sunday, November 20, 2016 4:00 pm -- All-church recital, featuring the choirs of the First Presbyterian Church and friends.
- Friday thru Sunday, February 17 - 19, 2017-- Ice Festival activities, including a Broadway Revue on Saturday, the annual art show, and the ever-popular Chili Cafe, and the Ice Lights Cabaret on Sunday.
- Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:00 pm -- Welsh Song Festival, featuring the Voices of the Valley choir
- Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:00 pm -- Presbybop Jazz Quartet, featuring rare compositions by jazz legend Dave Brubeck.
The series is supported in part by grants from the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts program (administered by the Pocono Arts Council), the Lackawanna County Community Arts and Cultural grant program, and by private contributions. We thank them for their support. There is no admission charge for these events, but free-will offerings are generally taken. For more information, call the church office at 570-586-6306, or check out our brochure.