Welcome! We are glad you visited our online home.
Welcome to the online home of First Presbyterian Church of Clarks Summit, PA – “The Church On the Hill.” We are glad you have found the website of this lively, loving and faithful congregation. We invite you to click through our pages and discover why so many thoughtful Christians in our region make this church their spiritual home.
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and have more than 500 members. Each week about 200 people attend worship and education, which makes us one of the largest Presbyterian congregations in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
We welcome all people to our church family. Check out our "how to join" page for more information.
Hot topics ...
- Advent continues with a day of music on December 21, when our organ, bell choir, and brass ensemble will rock the rafters in celebration and anticipation. -more-
- We celebrate Christmas Eve with three unique services for all ages. -more-
- The W.A.Y. program will skip December 24 and 31. Join us again on January 7 for new and exciting lesson in God's teachings.
- St. Francis Kitchen needs winter clothing for those in need in the community. Bring clean, warm clothes to the box in Fellowship Hall.
- 600 Hand sanitizers are needed for our care bags for the Volunteer Action Center. -more-
- Pledge on-line is now available at the Church on the Hill. See the big green button above.
- Subscribe now to our weekly e-mail newsletter.
- The Church on the Hill has many activities for all. If you're into music, if you want to provide support for others, if you want to enrich your Christian life, or if you just want to get out and meet people with similar interests, we have activities for all. Click here for a list of our activites to enhance your life within our church community.
- Our national church's General Assembly met recently in Detroit. Here are a few of the summaries from the meeting, which you may find interesting:
- A note for members: The annual meeting of the congregation and corporation was held on Sunday, February 2, 2014. The annual report is available here. The next meeting will be on February 1, 2015.
Happening in December and beyond ..
- December 21 - Celebrate the last Sunday in Advent with us with a day full of music. Beginning with our 10:00 am worship, the organ, the bell choir, and a brass ensemble will combine to provide a musical extravaganza. Then, at 11:30, the brass ensemble will continue with a free concert in the sanctuary. The eight piece band, founded by Ron Leas, boasts many of our area’s fine musicians. They have been delighting audiences with a unique blend of standard and jazz seasonal arrangements for over twenty years. Plan to join us.
- Christmas Eve-
- 6:30 - A celebration for families. Children and young people will experience the story of Jesus' birth in a new way.
- 9:00 - A service of Lessons and Carols. Our teen and adult choirs will lead the singing as the scriptures are read and gice the message of Christ's birth.
- 11:00 - Our evening concludes with our special Jazz Communion. We will share the bread and cup and rejoice in the birth of the Savior, accompanied by the sounds of swinging shepherds.
- December 28 - After the activities of Christmas, worship on the last Sunday of the year, with a Christmas Song Fest: “All the Forgotten Carols".
- January 11 - Potluck lunch / game day, after worship. Watch here for more.
- February 1 is the date for the 2015 annual meeting, following worship.
- The next events in the Arts at First Presbyterian series are on February 14-15, and feature juggler Rob Smith, a photography exhibit, Abington Piano Academy students, a special wedding-vow-renewal service on Saturday, and a special Mardi Gras jazz worship service on Sunday.
- February 28 - This year's Janson Lecture will feature Beth Tanner, who will also be preaching on March 1.
Check our Calendar for more upcoming events.