Welcome! We are glad you visited our online home.
Welcome to the online home of First Presbyterian Church of Clarks Summit, PA – “The Church On the Hill.” We are glad you have found the website of this lively, loving and faithful congregation. We invite you to click through our pages and discover why so many thoughtful Christians in our region make this church their spiritual home.
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and have more than 500 members. Each week about 200 people attend worship and education, which makes us one of the largest Presbyterian congregations in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
We welcome all people to our church family. Check out our "how to join" page for more information.
Hot topics ...
- Note - The W.A.Y. program will not be held on November 26. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
- December 3 is the date for an intergenerational evening focused on the season of Advent. The evening begins at 6:00pm. Supper will be served from 5:15-6:00pm. Please let us know you are coming by calling the church office no later than December 1. This event will be in place of regular Wednesday Way classes.
- St. Francis Kitchen needs winter clothing for those in need in the community. Bring clean, warm clothes to the box in Fellowship Hall.
- The Christmas Pajama Drive is underway. - more -
- Pledge on-line is now available at the Church on the Hill. See the big green button above.
- Subscribe now to our weekly e-mail newsletter.
- The Church on the Hill has many activities for all. If you're into music, if you want to provide support for others, if you want to enrich your Christian life, or if you just want to get out and meet people with similar interests, we have activities for all. Click here for a list of our activites to enhance your life within our church community.
- Our national church's General Assembly met recently in Detroit. Here are a few of the summaries from the meeting, which you may find interesting:
- A note for members: The annual meeting of the congregation and corporation was held on Sunday, February 2, 2014. The annual report is available here. The next meeting will be on February 1, 2015.
Happening in November and beyond ..
- December 3 - The Christian Education and Growth invites you, your family and your friends to join us on Wednesday, December 3 for an intergenerational evening focused on the season of Advent, beginning at 6:00. As usual, a light supper will be served at 5:15.
- December 7 - Holiday Cookie Exchange, at 2:00 pm in Fellowship hall. Bring six dozen cookies to share and swap.
- December 7 - We are having the Alternative Gift Market after the 10:00 service during the coffee hour. Beautiful and interesting gifts from SERRV and Verve Vertu, candy from Appalachian Service Project, coffee from the Presbyterian Coffee Project, and practical gifts like food and shelter given in your honor from Heifer Project and Reaching the Pygmies ministry will be featured. There will be hands on projects for children..
Check our Calendar for more upcoming events.