Welcome! We are glad you visited our online home.
Welcome to the online home of First Presbyterian Church of Clarks Summit, PA – “The Church On the Hill.” We are glad you have found the website of this lively, loving and faithful congregation. We invite you to click through our pages and discover why so many thoughtful Christians in our region make this church their spiritual home.
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and have more than 500 members. Each week about 200 people attend worship and education, which makes us one of the largest Presbyterian congregations in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
We welcome all people to our church family. Check out our "how to join" page for more information.
Hot topics ...
- Pledge on-line is now available at the Church on the Hill. See the big green button above.
- Wednesday Adult and Youth (W.A.Y.) began on September 10. Join us in Fellowship Hall for a light meal at 5:15, followed by our Christian Education programs for adults and youth.
- Don't forget the Peacemaking Offering. Look for the envelopes in the pews or your offering boxes. The local portion will be used to support the homeless shelter of the Bethel AME Church in Scranton.
- Subscribe now to our weekly e-mail newsletter.
- Musicians! Check our music opportunities for the fall. All are welcome.
- The Church on the Hill has many activities for all. If you're into music, if you want to provide support for others, if you want to enrich your Christian life, or if you just want to get out and meet people with similar interests, we have activities for all. Click here for a list of our activites to enhance your life within our church community.
- Our national church's General Assembly met last month in Detroit. Here are a few of the summaries from the meeting, which you may find interesting:
- A note for members: The annual meeting of the congregation and corporation was held on Sunday, February 2, 2014. The annual report is available here.
Happening in August, September and beyond ..
- September 27 - Camp Lackawanna Golf Tournament, at Shadowbrook.
- October 4 - noon - All Presbytery Day at Camp Lackwanna. See the Lackawanna Presbytery site for details.
- October 12 - 4:00 pm - The Mending, which is a very special worship experience that is being planned for four Sunday afternoons over the course of the year. Imagine a jazz vespers, a healing service, and the Lord's Supper all rolled into one, open to anybody in our community who wants a richer experience of God.
- October 26 - The new season of the Arts at First Presbyterian begins with a bluegrass concert by the Hickory Project, a world-renowned band from Wellsboro.
Check our Calendar for more upcoming events.